EAACI proudly announce the next EAACI/ GA2LEN Allergy School for 2010“Diagnostic approaches to the allergic patient” which will be held in Kusadasi, Turkey, from 30. September – 03. October 2010!
Allergic diseases represent a major health problem with great impact on quality of life. A correct diagnosis and identification of offending allergens is necessary to establish an optimal specific treatment for the patients.
The aim of the Kusadsi Allergy School is to provide young physicians education and updates within the field of diagnosing IgE mediated allergic diseases; and to stimulate the social contacts between young physicians from all over Europe interested in allergic diseases in children and adults.
Upon completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Recognize the clinical manifestations of allergic diseases and the indications for allergy testing.
- Recognize the pattern of sensitization and relation to clinical manifestations.
- Know the basic principles and methods for allergy testing in children and adults.
- Perform allergy testing and to evaluate the results in different clinical entities:
- respiratory allergy
- food allergy
- drug allergy
- Be aware of the recent advances in allergy testing.
The course will include lectures which communicate basic and advanced knowledge (basic principles, clinical manifestations, indications for allergy testing, diagnostic methods, interpretation of results, novel diagnostic tests), interactive practical demonstration of skin tests and discussion of clinical cases.
We are glad to inform you that the registration and abstract submission are now open on the EAACI website: http://www.eaaci.net/activities/allergy-schools/1402-2010-allergy-school-in-kusadasi-turkey.
Also, please visit EAACI Facebook fan page in order to see some photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=190583&id=203537079712
The registration is open until 1. September 2010, but please register as soon as possible since the number of places to this course is limited. The registration fee includes accommodation in a double room (3 nights), social events and all meals. The transport from airport in Izmir to the hotel on 30. September and from the hotel to the Izmir airport on 3. October will be organised.
Please note that the limited number of travel grants will be provided.
Please observe that the abstract submission deadline is 1. September 2010. The topics (for poster presentations and clinical cases) are:
- Basic principles of diagnostic tests in allergic diseases
- Skin Tests – from techniques to interpretation
- In vitro diagnosis of allergic diseases
- Diagnosis in respiratory allergic diseases: Clinical perspective
- Diagnosis of drug allergy
- Diagnosis of food allergy
We look forward to receiving your registrations and abstracts and to welcoming you in Kusadasi!
On behalf of the organising committee,
Local Organising Committee
EAACI Vice-President, Education & Specialty
For more information on logistical aspects please contact: