The Polish Society of Allergology was founded during the Conference of PTA Founding Members on November 15th, 1982 in Bydgoszcz.
The meeting was chaired by Professor B. Romański. The cooperation of general practitioners, pediatricians, dermatologists and laryngologists in the field of allergology was considered the most important objective of PTA activity. It was resolved that planning of the Society’s work and activities should take into account the specific features of these medical specialties. This principle has been observed up to the present. PTA assembles specialists in many medical disciplines and that is why it is successful in its scientific, research and educational activities.
The most important events in the history of PTA:
- November 15th, 1982 – Founding Conference; the Polish Society of Allergology came into being.
- September 29th, 1983 – participation in EAACI Congress in Rome; starting cooperation with EAACI.
- May 20th, 1985 – PTA becomes a member of the association of Polish Medical Societies.
- January 1986 – there are already 10 regional branches of PTA: in the regions of Białystok, Bydgoszcz, Gdańsk, Cracow, Lublin, Łódź, Poznań, Silesia, Warsaw, Wrocław, and 432 members.
- May 17th, 1989 – PTA takes part for the first time in the Interasma Congress in Prague.
- June 25th, 2004 – PTA establishes the Dermatology Section within the Society.
- September 29th, 2005 – PTA Section of Young Allergologists is established.
- May 10th-13th, 2006 – IX International Congress of PTA in Wisła.
- January 20th, 2007 – the first cycle of meetings within the framework of the newly established PTA Postgraduate Allergology School begins.
- April 18th– 21st, 2007 – I PTA Training Conference in Wisła.
- December 2007 – PTA has already over 1500 members.
- April 23rd-26th, 2008 – II PTA Training Conference in Wisła.
- October 24th, 2008 – the POLASTMA Program is launched under the auspices of PTA.
- March 25th-28th, 2009 – I Clinical Forum of Experts – an initiative within the POLASTMA Program.
- May 5th, 2009 – celebrations of the World Asthma Day in Poland organized by PTA.
- June 6th-10th, 2009 – PTA acts as a co-organizer of XXVIII EAACI Congress in Warsaw.
- October 7th-10th, 2009 – X International Congress of PTA in Bydgoszcz.
- November 2009 – PTA has nearly 1800 members.
- April 21st-24th, 2010 – III Training Conference in Wisła.
- June 5th-9th, 2010 – PTA participates in XXIX EAACI Congress in London.
- September 1st, 2010 – PTA starts cooperation with WAO, involving publication of WAO papers in Polish.
- September 8th-11th, 2010 – II Clinical Forum of Experts within the framework of the POLASTMA Program.
- April 4-11, 2011 – PTA takes active part by means of the medial campaign in the first World Week of Allergy organized by WAO.
- April 13-16, 2011 – 4th PTA Training Conference in Wisła.
- June 11-15, 2011 – PTA participates in the 30th EAACI Congress in Istanbul.
- August 18-21, 2011 – EAACI Summer School w Krakow organized in cooperation with PTA.
- September 23-24, 2011 – PTA hosts the GARD congference that takes place in Poland for the first time.